Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter/Bubble Chart Data Labels

I have a buble chart with one dimension and three expressions. I would like the data lable to show the dimension and the bubble size value. I can do this in Excel via VBA by concatenating the two and assigning it to the data label text property, but there doesn't seem to a way to do this using QlikView properties. First, is there a way to do this using the property settings that I'm missing? Second, is there a way to do this in a VB macro?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can probably use the dual function for this: dual( DimensionA & ' - ' & bubblesizeexpression, bubblesizeexpression)

Edit: nevermind, just realized that the scatterplot can only show dimension values as labels, not expression values. So you need a calculated dimension. Something like =DimensionA & ' ' & aggr(sum(Something),DimensionA)

Hmm, cyclic group... = $(=getcurrentfield(MyGroup)) & ' ' & aggr(sum(Something),$(=getcurrentfield(MyGroup))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm assuming you meant for that to be used as the Dimension on Scatter/Bubble chart. However, I got an error message when using that expression even though the expression builder said it was OK. Furthermore, my Dimension is actually a cyclic group. If you use a simple calculated dimension (=CyclicDimension), the cyclic group does not appear on the chart. Only the first member of the cyclic group appears.