cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

date in chart dimension x axis

Hello,

If i have this expression

=sum({<TimeTypeKey={1},DimDate2.NumericDateClean={'$(vRollingMonth)'}>} "[FactQVTimeRegistered].TimeRegistered")

I get data 6months back and 6 months forward.

The data is on day level, but it is 365 days. So if i show 365 on my x axis it will be pretty long - Is it possible to make an internval instead?

My data is organized so from eg. 1januar sales grows until 31 januar, and then on the 1 feburar it starts all over.

Is it possible to show this on day level with internval? so i dont have to show 365 days? - I dont wont to show month because then i will only get the total for this.

I want to show it on day level without x asix being on day level..

Hope you know what i mean

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

my variables look like this:

LET vNext6Months =num(AddMonths(vDateToday,+6))

LET vPast6Months =num(Monthstart(AddMonths(vDateToday,-6)))

LET vRollingMonth ='>=$(vPast6Months) <=$(vNext6Months)'

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

You can create a group which can be drilled down from year to qtr to month to week to date.

In dimension tab you will find the option at left bottom named "Edit Group".

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Actually i just tried that before you wrote This works like i want, but the business does not agree hehe

The business just had another demand to me.They want to show the end month result on all days instead. So the total for the month is spread on all days. Is this possible`?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Can you give one example of what exactly your business needs.

Rergards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Just attached a picture - hope it makes senseCapture.PNG

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do you mean to show the total of full month for each and every day?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Sorry yes- The total for one month on all days

Not applicable
Author

any idea?