Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Launch application on a server from a client

Hello,

I have deployed one of my qlikview applications on a server, and I would like this app to be able to execute a javascript file each time one of its sheet is activated.

Thus, I have set a trigger on the activation of that sheet which execute the following macro :

sub launch

set app = ActiveDocument.GetApplication

app.Launch ".\Sources\extraction.js", ""

end sub

It's just supposed to execute the file extraction.js, and it works correctly until I try to access my application from another machine than the server.

Indeed, it seems that this macro tries to retrieve the javascript file on the device accessing the application. For example, when I open the application on my server, via the access point, the file is found and executed whereas when I launch the application via the access point from another laptop, nothing happens.

I've also tried to copy the javascript file on the client machine, and this time the file is executed... but on the client machine, not on the server, which is what I would like to.

Right now, I've planned a task that windows will run but I would prefer the javascript code to be executed by qlikview. Does anyone has any idea on this?

Thanks in advance.

Florian

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I've also just seen on the forum that apparently macros are run on the server using Ajax mode and not the IE plugin, which is the one I need for my app.

Is that true?

And if it is, would there be any trick to make the macros be launched on the server side using the IE plugin?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct and I don't know of a work around..

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.