Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Set analysis - plz help

Hi,

can anyone explain to me how I can use set analysis combining (operators other than 😃 with a dynamic expression?

- With an expression, I know that $(=) thing. Sometimes, for some reason I also have to enclose that in quotes.

- With other operators, the examples in my book say I have to use double quotes ("").

=> How to combine the two so I will have, e.g.:

>>  Date1 after the start of the month before now <<

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a few free minutes...  From your explanation, it should be this:

count({1<Geschlecht = {0}, Eintritt={"$(= '<' & DATE(Monthstart(TODAY(), 0)))"},  Austritt = {"$(= '>' & DATE(today()))"}>} DISTINCT PN)

As for the example - you can reduce the application to make it small, and scramble the data (except these two dates).

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Michael,

we're still now quite on the same page:

As I told you - making it stranger still - it works fine for the current period (the syntax example you have would return the number of employees that joined before this month's start and did not leave until today. That works fine.

What does not work is when I try the same, only replacing (Monthstart(TODAY())) with (Monthstart(TODAY(), -1))

It is then that I suddenly get different values.

I will see about the example asap - but it might be a while. Sorry, I have to jump a bit between my priorities and something else is more pressing as it is wished_for by management - I'll be back here as soon as I've had the time to do some more testing. Please follow this thread.

Best regards,

DataNibbler