Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgamarra
Contributor
Contributor

QV11_SR2 loads incomplete data from SQL Server table

Hi all. I have a table in a SQL Server DB, with 7 million of rows. When my QV App loads this table, I notice that some values from a specific field (type: char(8)) are incomplete. I mean, e.g. these values from my SQL table: '00226303', '00835842', '01004089', appears in QV as '226303', '0835842', '1004089'.

I'm worry about this, because there are more cases and I use that field for identification purposes.

I use QlikView 11.00.11414.0 SR2 64-bit

Does exist any patch to fix this issue? I'll be appreciated for any help.

Thanks in advance.

GBY.

Percy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Percy,

This is not an issue. QlikView does not have data types, all values are interpreted and represented either numeric or literal, or both (dual). When you want a field to be loaded into QlikView as it comes from the database (literal), regardless its type in the source, use the Text() function:

Table:

LOAD Text(Value) AS Value; // will keep preceding zeroes

SQL SELECT Value

FROM dbo.Table;

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Percy,

This is not an issue. QlikView does not have data types, all values are interpreted and represented either numeric or literal, or both (dual). When you want a field to be loaded into QlikView as it comes from the database (literal), regardless its type in the source, use the Text() function:

Table:

LOAD Text(Value) AS Value; // will keep preceding zeroes

SQL SELECT Value

FROM dbo.Table;

Hope that helps.

Miguel

pgamarra
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Miguel. It works.

By the way, this is the first time that I face this issue. I've never used the text() function to load values because all data that my QV apps loaded, were complete and similar to their sources. It seems that, from now on, I have to use text() to load sensible data. 

Just in case, do you know if this issue is related to this QV version?

GBY.

Percy