Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

v11SR2 Publisher not working w/ Section Access

Installed Server/Publisher on a new box.

Created a basic SectionAccess app to test Data Reduction based on guide

Reload is successful.

When I test the app with impersonation in Developer,it works fine. Copy paste the app in the Published apps folder and impersonate and it reduces data as expected for restricted users.

Tried the same with a Distribution job and the app denies access to the same restricted user.

Has anyone facced this issue before?

16 Replies
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So yes, you have to open the doc in developer, reload it and then save and close. Then try again via publisher

-afv.

Tel: 646.773.7936

Not applicable

Hi,

We solve the problem by removing the "*" for the admin but now data reduction is not working. As anyone the same problem with this QV version.

Kevin

Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We too are having the same problem .

Upgrading to v11922 on our Test machine defintely broke or altered Section Access. I am testing this on identical qvws and identical section access setups, on the live server everything works fine - on the upgraded test server, reload works fine on client, but through publisher we get an 'you don't have access to this document' error. Removing the '*' entries for our 'admin reloader' login in section access seems to have fixed this.

Can we get confirmation from Qlikview that this patch altered this Section Access and that this is how it should be done now? I.e.replacing * with <blank>?

Not applicable

We decided to revert back to v11643, and once again the admin * in Section Access is working as expected. I am convinced that v11922 does somethign to section access that broke our (rather complex) system. Replacing * with 'blank' fixed the issue for some of the dashboard but not for all of them. I hope Qlikview can investigate and confirm this issue in case we are not alone in this.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Sim Car,

You need to open a case with support and have them test it and see what if it is a bug.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

I did the upgrade with a previous section access app installed and works as usual.

Is there any security protocol updgrade with this version???

Take a look on something else on your enviroment.

Cheers

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The ultimate solutions was to keep the service account with no * or anything in teh reduction fields. All other data can have * or whatever the values may be.

Service account only needs a mention to be able to access the app.

Caveat, if there is a value in the reduction field that is not mapped with other reducing fields, that will get excluded from the user's view who has full access to the dashboard. happy Qliking!