Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button with multiple actions

Hi all,

I have a button with two actions, the first action creates an URL and stores it into a variable, the second action tries to open this URL with the command "Open URL".

I realize that QlikView execute these actions asynchronously, so it opens the URL when it's still empty.

Is there a way to force the synchronous execution?

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have created one more button as hidden. When we press the first button, it will set the value to a variable and after it will call the macro to press the second button dynamically. Form the hidden button, I have used the acton to open the URL. Please see the attachment.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

under actions, their order should play the trick. place (use the promote/demote button) the action at the top which creates the URL and then the one which opens it.

Not applicable
Author

I've already tried this solution but it doesn't work, because seems that QlikView doesn't wait the end of the first action to start the second one.

This behavior is typical in asynchronous system, is there a way to force QlikView to work in synch mode?

Not applicable
Author

For me it is working,

First create action to set the variable:

Variable Name: var_URL(Created through variable overview)

Value: ='www.google.com'

Second Create the open url action

URL: =var_URL

Regards,

Kabilan K.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kabilan,

thank you for you response.

Could you try to set the variable to "www.qlik.com" and after click the button.

Which web site do you see? Google or Qlikview?

I've tried and I see qlikview website instead of google.

I think it executes the actions simultaneously.

Not applicable
Author

Yes action executes simultaneously.

Not applicable
Author

I hope, we can solve this problem through Macro.

Not applicable
Author

In which way?

Not applicable
Author

I have created one more button as hidden. When we press the first button, it will set the value to a variable and after it will call the macro to press the second button dynamically. Form the hidden button, I have used the acton to open the URL. Please see the attachment.

Not applicable
Author

I extended the procedure called from the first button, now the producedure create dinamically the token and at the end triggers the PRESS of the second button that open the URL.

Thank you venugopal4s for the advice.

Rob