Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlacroix
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Multiple Columns from a Single Expression

Is there a way to populate in a straight chart, using a single expression, multiple columns, each column representing a different Period (e.g. Month). For example, in the month of March, I want the user to see 3 columns of data (January, February and March). In the month of April, I want the user to see 4 columns of data (January, February, March and April). And so on through December, when there would be 12 columns. Right now I am using using 12 expressions in order to populate all 12 months of data, which is fine if it is December, but not if it is March, since I don't want to see the 12 trailing months from March back - just 3 months. So what I am looking for is an expression that considers that period variability. Here are the expressions that I am currently using:

=sum({<BillTranDate={">=$(=TimeStamp(MonthStart(vEndDate,0)))<=$(AddMonths(vEndDate,0)))"}>}BillFeeAmt)  [Current Month]       

=sum({<BillTranDate={">=$(=TimeStamp(MonthStart(vEndDate,-1)))<=$(AddMonths(vEndDate,-1)))"}>}BillFeeAmt  [Prior Month]  and so on .

Thank you                                 

3 Replies
Not applicable

Can you use the dimension Month and use set analysis on your expression  to have info only for the current year (you can store the year number in a variable)?

vYear= Year(Today())

Not applicable

Or use a flag on your master calendar with current year and then
SUM({<CurYrFlag = {1}>}BillFeeAmt)
This will only show you Month as a dimension for the months in the current year, and only for those that have values
Hope any of this helps
Regards,

Pablo

nlacroix
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for these suggestions, Pablo. I'll try them.

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:10:47 -0400

Subject: - Re: Multiple Columns from a Single Expression

To: nlacroix@optonline.net

QlikCommunity

Re: Multiple Columns from a Single Expression

created by Pablo Abayian in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion

Or use a flag on your master calendar with current year and then

SUM({}BillFeeAmt)

This will only show you Month as a dimension for the months in the current year, and only for those that have values

Hope any of this helps

Regards,

Pablo

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in Development (QlikView Desktop) by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB

Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA