Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document suddenly has a massive RAM spike

Hi,

One of my documents has started using an extreme amount of RAM and I can't figure out why.

The document is about 250Mb and with one user logged onto it the server RAM usage suddenly spirals up to 90gb and results in a "No connection" error. The server is ONLY used for qlikview. Any ideas what this could be?

Cheers,

CG

5 Replies
vikasmahajan

You are using Windows Schedular ?

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi, no, Windows Scheduler is not currently running on my servers. I was able to somewhat remedy the situation by ending QVS.exe and letting it automatically restart. After that it stopped at 3gb. Further testing does show that QVS.exe still shoots up to about 90gb when it is first loaded from a full server restart though.

Will also add that when doing and development work on this document QV.exe similarly shoots up to 90gb or so.

Cheers,

CG

vikasmahajan

Have to Try to Re-install the Qlikview ?

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would think that something is messed up with the .share file for one of your documents.

1  Restart QVS and one one document at a time till you find the one causing the issue.

2 Then stop QVS and rename the .share file for the one causing the issue and try again.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. It could just be the size of the data and perhaps the organisation/number of tables I have in the document. In total running about 10,000 columns and roughly 250,000 rows :S