Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Custom user in SBE

Dear All,

Can we use custom users in SBE (Without publisher.)

Basically i want to know the conditions to use Custom users.

I have found that we cannot do this without DMS, is it right.

And for DMS we need EE.

Basically my client want that their user can change ppassword through QV end.

For that i think we need to go for custom user, or are there other ways to do this.

Please Suggest.......

Regards

Arun Goel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Arun,

Custom users are not available in Small Business Edition of Server license. If the user wants to change passwords from QlikView, though, you can create a Windows script linked to a web page that allows the user do that, because it's not the "QlikView password" but their OS password.

For NTFS users, changing passwords is usually as easy as use Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select from their workstations Change Password.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Arun,

Custom users are not available in Small Business Edition of Server license. If the user wants to change passwords from QlikView, though, you can create a Windows script linked to a web page that allows the user do that, because it's not the "QlikView password" but their OS password.

For NTFS users, changing passwords is usually as easy as use Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select from their workstations Change Password.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

hi,

Yes, i think SBE can support only NTFS authorisation.

But  the problem is that, the users only use application on iPad.

They never come on domain through system, so they have to request IT dept. to change password.

They want that they can change password by own, so thay no one know their password.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Arun,

As I mentioned above, since they are domain users even if they have to log on from an iPad, there must be some ad-hoc development (likely in C# or .NET) as another webpage that allows them to change their password. This is not allowed in QlikView, except for custom users, that, by the way, I would not recommend to use in a production environment.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

That means for adding ad-hoc development, (Password change Using .Net), i must move to IIS.

Because currently i m using QVWS.....