Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Users cannot login to Accesspoint when using domain name & plugin link

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing an error that I can't seem to get to the bottom of. We have users who cannot login to Accesspoint...but only when using the domain name of the server, i.e. http://domain name/qlikview. Whenever they use the ip address, authentication (Active Directory) works fine and users can log in and see all the documents etc. What is clear is that using the http://domain name/qlikview address is correctly finding the server (as you can see it in the background), but when authentication fails you only see the loading bar (without actually loading anything). Also, if we do not use Internet Explorer (e.g. Mozilla/Chrome), the domain name does work and we can authenticate correctly, although the document defaults to the AJAX version/rather than the plugin version.

For reference, we use Windows server 2012 and are using IIS 8 together with QlikView. As you can tell from the above, we also expect users to be using the IE plugin.

For further background, I have read a variety of blogs & posts and have already set settings like the ISAPI & CGI Restictions and have Windows Authentication enabled - unfortunately these have not resolved my problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Windows 2012 is only supported from version 11.20 SR2 release 11922 and higher. I'm assuming you are running the right version of QlikView. On the IIS part, I'm not so sure of we support version 8.

What version of IE are you running?

Kind regards,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel. We're running Qlikview server 11.20. We're using internet explorer 10 (packaged within 2012).

Regards,

Thomas

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Just for testing, make sure you downloaded the right installer (the one marked with Windows 2012 in the name) and install the QlikView Web Server, just to check that works fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Miguel