Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Basic Bar Chart Help please

Hi,

I am a newcomer to Qlikview and have just started to build my first proper report. I'm stumped with a bar chart I'm trying to create.

what I want to show is how many calls we receive per day, so on the x axis, I want the date, and the y axis is the number of calls.

I've got my chart set up as so:

Dimensions =Date(CreatedDateTime)

Expression =Count(ContactID)

Yet I still end up with a series of '1's in my chart (as shown in attached screenshot).

CreatedDateTime is a DateTime field in my database, and I only want to track calls by day at the moment, not by the time of the call.

How can I group these by the date?

Many apologies that this is probably such a simple question, feeling like a right dunce and I can't find anything sensible in the Developer or Designer course documentation.

QlikviewChart.png

Thanks for any hints or tips.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The date function merely changes the formatting of the timestamp. It doesn't get the date part from it. Try as dimension =Date(floor(CreatedDateTime)).

Note, it's probably better to create a date and a time field separately in the script. See this blog post: The Master Time Table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The date function merely changes the formatting of the timestamp. It doesn't get the date part from it. Try as dimension =Date(floor(CreatedDateTime)).

Note, it's probably better to create a date and a time field separately in the script. See this blog post: The Master Time Table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I've managed to do it with the floor function.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, I've managed to do it with the floor function.