Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What happened to EDX-Webservices in QlikView 9

Hi to all,

what happened to the EDX-webservices in QlikView 9?

I cannot find any information in the docu about it ...

Best regards
Stefan

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I recently received a document from a qlikview-employee with some information about EDX in QlikView 9; it seems that the feature does exist but is not documented at all; maybe they just did not succeed to finish EDX in release 1 of QlikView 9.

Does anybody have any further information about this topic?

Best regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

I, too, would be interested in some addtional info. on EDX for version 9.0 SR1. More specifically, we just upgraded last week and the EDX processes we had in place for 8.5 are failing in 9.0 SR1. We were pointing to the following: http://dcebir01:8082/qtxs.asmx in 8.5 and can't seem to figure out what to point to in 9.0 SR1.

rob

michael_nordstr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The following text is in the release-notes of QlikView 9 SR2:

"In SR2 the requirements to be allowed to request EDX has been changed. It is no longer
necessary to be a member of QlikView Administrator group. Create a local security group called
"QlikView EDX" on the machine where the QDS is running. Members of that group are also (the
QlikView administrators can still call EDX) authorized to trigger tasks using EDX."

However, I can't find any further info or details on this in QV9 so if anyone knows more (or even have an example) please post here...

/Michael

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Maybe this will help.[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/8424.EDX-with-tools.doc:550:0]

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the document. Do you as well have the mentioned C# code and the example QV application?

Thanks!

Daniel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/8422.RequestEDX.zip:550:0]Here you go...

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Did s.o. try to create a group "QlikView EDX" for users who only should have the right to trigger EDX tasks?

It does not work on our server.

Nevertheless this discussion was very helpful...

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created that group on our server as well and it's not working for me either. Has anyone been able to get non-admin users set up to trigger EDX tasks?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tech Support's response was to add users to the QlikView Administrators group if it doesn't work with the QlikView EDX group. Well, yeah...that works. But it hardly seems like a very secure solution.