Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to display a chart based on a selected item in a list object

I have an excel sheets where I have three columns - say Date, StanC_IPR, Airtel_IPR;

In my Qlikview sheet, I am plotting a graph x-axis ->- Date and in y-axis --> StanC_IPR, Airtel_IPR

I am creating another list object that lists two items taken from a different excel sheet. The list contains 2 values - Stanc, Airtel.

by default, right now, my graph shows both StanC_IPR and Airtel_IPR.

I want to control the display based on what is selected in the list. that is, if the user selects, Stanc, the graph should plot - date vs StanC_IPR.

if the user selects Airtel, then the graph should plot date vs Airtel_IPR

I am not sure what to write in the 'Condition' in Graph object.

Any help is appreciated.

I understand that if i store values in the excel sheet differently, this thing will be automatically taken care by Qlikview. But unfortunately, i cannot change this.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi cmmuru123,

I would say the best approach is to use a few buttons and use a variable to switch the views based on the selections.

Regards,

Ram

Not applicable
Author

Can you please explain in detail. moreover this is just a sample. Ideally I will have more than 50 items in the list. If i start using button for each item in the list, then I will end up adding 50 buttons +

is there a more efficient way ?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

Properties ->

Dimension -> Enable condition , in that give condition as per ur requirement.

Can u please post a sample, if not understand clearly

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Boss, I dont know how to write that expression. I have given a detailed example above. I have attached snapshot image.

based on what I choose in Project List, my graph should get changed. graph.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Hope I understand you correctly. See the attached application. Please let me know if this is not you are expecting the result.

Not applicable
Author

hi venugopal,

I am not getting the meaning of this field eventhough it works fine sum($(SelectInField)). I have given a snapshot here. I am not sure how to make use of your input. I have shown the properties page of the graph. Please let me know

in my case, my gra.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Step 1: The list box is an option of "Always One selected value".

Step 2: Create a variable and use the function "GetFieldSelections". This can save the selected value to the variable. In our case, SelectInField is a variable and it stores the current selection of a field value.

Step 3: Form the chart expression, use the function Sum for value of variable. i.e. Sum($(SelectInField)).

This can summaries the values for a current selection field.

I hope, you understand now what I meant for.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Pls check the Files attached.

Hope it helps.

Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

See the attched one.

Is it what you are looking for?