Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

anonymous access

Hi everyone,

I have Qlikview Server 9 installed and using IIS as the web server instead of the default QVWS. in order for qlikview to work, i need to enable windows integrated authentication and disable anonymous access.

however, this would mean i would need to enter a password everytime I wanted to access qlikview from outside the server box. is there a way to somehow let qlikview accept authentication tokens from windows so that if i log in as a user on an active directory that has access to qlikview, qlikview will automatically extract the user information and give me access without me having to type a username and password again.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Yiling

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am using Active Directory for the directory service. Currently I'm using dms authorization but i'm willing to use whatever works best/easiest.

thanks,

Yiling

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

If you are using dms then in the QlikView Management Console > User Documents tab when you click on an application you should see an option on the right for Authorization here is where you can add the anonymous access via the green plus sign and the pencil (when you hover it it will say Change)...

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Karl. I actually ended up solving the issue and that was part of the fix. The main problem for me was that the setting I had for the Qlikview Virtual Directories wasnt set up correctly for anonymou access. Since I am using IIS as the web server, the anonymous user set in IIS must be the IIS anonymous user, not Qlikview's. Also, the local Authenticated Users group had to have logon permission to the server machine. Once that was set up, I had to set AccessPoint authentication to something other than Always, and then everything sort of went smoothly. However, I'm still missing the final part that gets Qlikview to read the User's token and have AccessPoint only show the documents that the user is authorized to see.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Yiling,

I know this is an old thread, please pardon the step back in time...

I am attempting to set up a system that sounds very similar to your described system. We are trying to integrate QV into an ASP.NET application. Our ASP.NET app uses forms authentication, and I'm looking for a way to 'pass through' either the user's credentials or an auth token to the QV server after our app authenticates the user. I don't necessarily need QV to worry about user-level access or permissions - our web app will handle permissions and filtering content for the user. All I want to accomplish is a 'behind the scenes' authentiation for a QV session so the user only has to deal with one authentication prompt. (Our implementation uses an IFrame to contain the QV document, so when the QV server gets the request, it's coming directly from the user's browser.)

Do you have any advice for me on this?

Has anyone else out there tried and/or succeeded in setting up system similar to what I've described above?

Much gratitude for any advice/help anyone can provide,
-Mark