Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Reload not working

I have scheduled a reload of my Qlikview document, but I am seeing this in the log file. If I do a manual 'Reload Now', then it is working fine.

I have checked, the task XML file actually exists:

8/7/2013 02:44:46.6768046 Error Failed to read from C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Tasks\Task_5da2a187-5847-4c3b-951f-b54121e5c9a6.xml. Exception=System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: value

at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)

at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value)

at QDSMain.DistributeSourceDocument.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DeserializeDistributeElements(XmlReader reader)

at QDSMain.TaskFactory.TaskFactoryReader.CreateTask(String elementName, XmlReader reader)

at QDSMain.TaskFactory.TaskFactoryReader.ReadXml(XmlReader reader)

at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterFileHandler.Read(Action`1 readXML)

8/7/2013 02:44:46.6768046 Error Exception=System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at QDSMain.Clustering.NotificationFiles.TaskNotificationFile.LoadTasks(IEnumerable`1 fileNames)

at QDSMain.Clustering.NotificationFiles.TaskNotificationFile.FileChanged()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)

at SolutionGlobal.ThreadPool.ThreadPoolJob.Execute()

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I had a similar problem that was caused by the odbc driver. Working with manual reload not working with scheduled reload. Try to check that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Juan,

Can you please elaborate a bit more? And what steps did you follow?

thanks.

Not applicable
Author

My problem was with mysql odbc driver i just reinstalled to be fair and it did the job. Not really offering a solution but just a possible cause of the problem since i had the exact same behaviour