Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution Service of Publisher Standard Edition in QV 9

Hi,

we use the Publisher Standard Edition in QlikView 8.5 for creating and updating our qvd and qvw files. We need the Distribution Service for creating reload-groups in which the files are reloaded one by another.

Now i´ve created a test server with QlikView 9. We´ve got no seperate publisher licence, because the standard edition is part of our server licence and i can´t use this licence to start the publisher service in version 9. Now i can´t use any function of the distribution service.

If i see right, the only function of the qv-server is to reload a several file. I can set a time for reload, but that was it. No functions for creating groups or s.th. like this.

Do i failed to see it or has qliktech castrate the "publisher standard" functions in version 9?

Regards.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

FYI. I was told by QV support to wait for the next release of QV 9.1. Many of the publisher issues are to be fixed in that release.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this information.

I hope the mentioned problems will be fixed, otherwise it won´t be possible to update without buying a publisher licence Sad

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Do you know when is 9.1 planned to be relesed? Is there a QV development roadmap or something like that (a list of things to be expected from the new releas) ?

Cheers,

M

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sounds like SR1 is due out somewhere around 9/9/2009. I am sure that is subject to change.

Not applicable
Author

I´m waiting for a test license to try out SR1.

Has someone tested it already and can tell me more in relation to my start question?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, i didn´t fail to see. The QlikTech-Support answered:

Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 They functionality that was in 8.5 where you could put more then one document in a reload task and then run it as a single task has been removed in version 9.
The problem was that if one application failed to reload, all other applications would not be reloaded as well.

It´s a big problem for me. How should i handle the relaod of more than 100 documents without beeing able to group them and build reload tasks/jobs?

Am I the only one with this large amount of documents and without a "real" publisher licence?