Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making Qlikview Secure. HTTPS

We are required to use port 443, HTTPS when possible and I was told we can use it when people connect to Qlikview.

However I wasn't shown/told how. We will be using Verisign for our CA on Windows 2008 Servers.

If someone can point/shove me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. It's been a long time since I added a certificate to IIS but I don't believe it's the same.

Thanks

Moe.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Moe,

There should be a config.xml file somewhere along the lines of C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvWebServer. In that file, make sure to set the HttpsPort to 443. I think the default is set to -1.

Also, if you are using Qlikview Server 9, you should make sure that Qlikview is indeed using IIS as its web server. The default is Qlikview's own Web Server, which I'm not sure how exactly to configure it to use SSL certificates.

Once you have that set up, just assign the ssl certificate from versign to Qlikview's web site in the Directory Security tab of the web site's properties.

Hope this helps,

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.. I was begining to lose hope. 🙂 I am using QV9 and will go through my IIS.

I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks again.

Newbie Moe.

Not applicable
Author

Still no luck, How can I change QV9 to use IIS instead of the QVWeb Server? I am not sure if it's just tunneling to IIS or if there is a way to use only IIS?

If someone can point me to some Easy to read and undersand instructions.

Win 2008 Ent Server x64 and QV9.

Thanks

Moe (losing hope) 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Moe,

I'm attaching a document that Qlikview support gave me when I asked them how to set up QVS for IIS. Because I'm using Windows Server 2003 x86 and IIS 6, I edited it more specifically for my setup, but most of the stuff should still hold true. Ignore the blurb at the end about the other files in the folder. This document was part of larger zip file so that's what that refers to.

Give that a try. Again, I haven't tested it on Win Server 2008 x64 or IIS 7 so the settings may be a little different but the general steps should be the same.

Hope this helps,

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Moe - did this end up working?