Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error could not open qvd while reload

Hi,

I get error on reload as "Could not open abc.qvd". This error never came before. Can anyone let me know when does this error occur? Other app that uses this qvd is reloaded successfully.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure the file abc.qvd actually exists and is in the place where your document expects it to be. If you moved your .qvw document to another place and use a relative path to the abc.qvd then the .qvw document won't be able to find it.

Another thing that could happen is that the abc.qvd is (still) opened by another application so that the abc.qvd file is locked and can't be opened by your .qvw document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, path of qvd has not changed. This qvd used to load without any issues previously, but all of a sudden it is throwing error now.

Also regarding another application using the qvd, I tried to rename the file and was able to rename it.Hence I dont think it is used by any other programme.

Not applicable
Author

1. Did make sure you to include the (qvd) after the abc.qvd?

abc.qvd (qvd);

2. Try openning only the qvd in a new file, does it work?

3. Is there any where/ order by/ group by?

4. See if in 'Windows Task Manager' no QV file is running and then try openning it again.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then perhaps the qvd file is corrupt. Have you tried loading it in a new qvw document to check if the qvd file can be loaded at all?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand