Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to show the reload time from a different Dashboard?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution to display the reload time from two or more dashboards.

For example, I have three related dashboards:

1. MainDash

2. ODBC_ExtractorDash

3. SAP_ExtrractorDash

On the MainDash I would like to see the reload times for all three dashboards. For the MainDash itself I use
='Last Update @ '&ReloadTime()

and it works great.

Is it possible to add the ReloadTime() for another dash?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaime_aguilar
Partner - Contributor III

I haven't seen that FileAgeMonitor app seems really interesting. Another option would be to store the reload time as field with an autogenerate statement (In the ODBC and SAP Extractor_Dash) and then load it in the MainDash as an island table:

example for ODBC and SAP extractor_Dash:

LOAD ReloadTime() as ReloadTimeODBC

AUTOGENERATE 1;

store TABLE_NAME into ReloadTime.qvd(qvd);

then in the MainDash you load these qvds with the previously generated tables.

This way, you can show Reload times for any other app you need.

Another option would be like the previous comment says, to pass the reload time through a variable and then use a $(Include 😃 statement so the variable generated in a different document can be present in the actual one.

Greetings

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are talking about different QV applications, right?

You just need to provide the reload times to the MainDash application. There might be several solutions to this, you can use Rob's file age monitor as one example to learn how to do this:

http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/FileAgeMonitor.zip

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adrian, Another option: you can load your reload time into variable, load that variable into an inline table in the source document, and then retrieve it from the table in the target document using the peek() function.

-Sean

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Indeed, I am talking about different QV applications.

I will definitely have a look at the FileAgeMonitor app as well as solution #2 and let you know if any of them will work for my case.

Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciated.

jaime_aguilar

I haven't seen that FileAgeMonitor app seems really interesting. Another option would be to store the reload time as field with an autogenerate statement (In the ODBC and SAP Extractor_Dash) and then load it in the MainDash as an island table:

example for ODBC and SAP extractor_Dash:

LOAD ReloadTime() as ReloadTimeODBC

AUTOGENERATE 1;

store TABLE_NAME into ReloadTime.qvd(qvd);

then in the MainDash you load these qvds with the previously generated tables.

This way, you can show Reload times for any other app you need.

Another option would be like the previous comment says, to pass the reload time through a variable and then use a $(Include 😃 statement so the variable generated in a different document can be present in the actual one.

Greetings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jaime!

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator

If you put ReloadTime() at the very end of your script in App1, make a small table (with Autogenerate), store it into qvd or txt and load this table into another app (App2) during reload of App2 - this case you will get the previous (-1) ReloadTime() of App1, not the latest one.

Before the last reload of App1 completely finishes - so while the script is running -  ReloadTime() gives the previous reload timestamp. So you cannot get the timestamp of the currently running reload at the end of the script.

You can use now() in App1 script, but after that QV indexes the app and saves it and this takes up a few seconds. So now() and ReloadTime() - the one you get in the GUI after reload - will differ a couple of secs.

Am i not right?