Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Caption buttons not visible in web version: 'Copy image to clipboard' and 'Copy to clipboard'

These caption buttons disappear when shown as a web version. Is there a way to make these visible (and functional, but visible may be enough since web version is used for demos only) or is this just a feature that has to be lived with?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I once sent the same question to Support back in Qlikview 9.00.7119 AJAX.
--> Support answered back then that this is a WAD (working as designed) (Casenumber 00011323)

You can try it again for QV10, but I'm not quite sure if R&D is able to do something about it. I think it's not easy to copy something to clipboard in a webbrowser via Javascript.

Regards,

Roland

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I once sent the same question to Support back in Qlikview 9.00.7119 AJAX.
--> Support answered back then that this is a WAD (working as designed) (Casenumber 00011323)

You can try it again for QV10, but I'm not quite sure if R&D is able to do something about it. I think it's not easy to copy something to clipboard in a webbrowser via Javascript.

Regards,

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Alright, I thought so too that that was the cause. Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know if this is meant to work in QlikView 11?

Not applicable
Author

I just found that it does work if you use the IE Plugin.

I think they are going to discontinue the plugin in future versions, so I hope they get this function working properly.

Not applicable
Author

We have got version 11, but I can't see how to get this working.

Is there something you need to do to activate this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like qliktech have been unable to create the same "copy to clipboard" functionality in Ajax as they have in the standard app or the ie-plugin. Probably due to limitations in what can be achieved in browser only technology. Hopefully some of the new capabilities available in HTML5 will enable them to resolve this.

Note that if the user right clicks and hits print it will actually create a new window with the chart object as an image in it. They can then right click -> save image as. Not perfect but might be good enough.

In Ajax if you have also turned on the special icon "Copy Image To Clipbaord" this also changes to a "Print" button.

thanks

Dave

Not applicable
Author

hi,,,

anyone know about how to add copy image to clipboard icon on every chart?

So,every chart in web client there is also a clipboard icon..

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In AJAX web environment it is not possible to have those icons & functionalities, unfortunately.

-Henry