Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III

Remove Duplicates

Hi,

I have a table which holds two key fields: MemberID and CustomerID.

Before moving forward I want to check for any duplicates in table with a Key combination of MemberID + CustomerID. (Both reside in the same table)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

H

13 Replies
Not applicable

Hi. I want to do the same thing but all other fields are not identical. For example, if i have 2 customer id's, i only want to take that ID which has a higher "worth". Here "worth" is just a field name. Any help?

Thanks

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

take a look at attached qvw...

Script;

TMP:

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, worth

1, 1

1, 2

2, 1

2, 2

3, 1

4, 1

4, 2

4, 3

4, 4

];

TEST:

Noconcatenate Load

ID, max(worth) as worth

RESIDENT TMP GROUP by ID;

DROP TABLE TMP;

I think Group by clause just works with data from resident table.

Hope it helps.

Regards

- PS -

Not applicable

Thank you very much. Really helpful. I only have the personal edition so can't view your file. Please could you copy and paste the script into this discussion. Also, I have other variables not just id and worth, where do I put these variables in?

Thanks

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

the script is pasted in my last post...?!

With variables you mean fields(columns)? With more fields you get an error I think.

I can imagine 2 possible ways to get the data for a full table(perhaps someone knows a better solution):

1. Do as described an then do a join with the origin table to get the rest of the fields.But I'm not that confident with joins so I would do it like this:

2. In short: Create a flag field in the origin table which fields should be loaded(load = 1 or 0)

Create a merged field of ID and worth, like "ID|worth" while loading TEST(and origin table) and create a Mapping table with that data like:

RELEVANT_ID_MAP:

MAPPING LOAD

ID|worth,1 as relevant

RESIDENT TEST;

Than load data(fields) from origin table(TMP) with:

sometemptable:

ApplyMap('RELEVANT_ID_MAP',ID|worth,'0') AS load,

And finally load the data in a table with ... RESIDENT sometemptable where load=1;

Look at it more as rough guide not a step by step tutorial...Sorry, I have not the time at the moment. Perhaps later I'll create a sample.

I admit it looks a bit complicated but if you are used to it is really quick and for me it the safest way. Better than joining and not 100% sure what happens to my data, ending up in a mess.

And finally I think there is sure somebody (more advanced) who can do this "better"/easier. But at the moment this works for me pretty well.

regards,

- PS -