Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Retrieve/Get rows from excel on condition... Please help!!!

Experts,

I am trying to get GLOSSARY items from EXCEL spreasheet and populate it in the dashboard. Excel sheet contains 3 columns, IDENTIFIER, ITEM A and ITEM B

I have to pull the data in the rows based on the condition or text available in IDENTIFIER column,

ie If IDENTIFIER = BSA DRY RUN then POPULATE data from the rows start with REGION and ADDRESS

ie If IDENTIFIER = NBN DRY RUN then POPULATE data from the rows start with CONSENT and ADDRESS

Below is the excel spreadsheet data, Please let me know how to do this? If so, PLEASE SHARE THE SCRIPT as well.

IDENTIFIER         ItemA                    ItemB

BSA DRY RUN     BSA DRY RUN REPORT:     THIS REPORT HELPS BUSINESS USERS

NBN DRY RUN     NBN DRY RUN REPORT:     THIS REPORT HELPS END USERS

REGION          REGION.REGIONID          REGION ID OF THE CUSTOMER

REGION          REGION.REGION_NAME      NAME OF THE REGION

ADDRESS         ADDRESS.PAYLOAD_ID       CLIENT UNIQUE ID

ADDRESS         ADDRESS.BATCH_ID         BATCH ID

CONSENT         CONSENT.CIDN                CUSTOMER ID

CONSENT         CONSENT.CIDN_DESCRIPTION      CIDN DESCRPTION

2 Replies
orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi new2Qlik, on which field do you want to filter the 2nd condition ("data starts with...")?

Assuming it's on ItemA then use this:

LOAD * From Excel

Where IDENTIFIER = 'BSA DRY RUN'

and (ItemA Like 'REGION*' or ItemA like 'ADDRESS*')

Concatenate

LOAD * From Excel

Where IDENTIFIER = 'NBN DRY RUN'

and (ItemA Like 'CONSENT*' or ItemA like 'ADDRESS*')

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ori Tal,

I would like to pull data from both ITEM A and ITEM B for the same row. The script above would fetch data from ITEM A column and not from ITEM B.  I also dont have any common data in ITEM B..

Also, the above script would concatenate both data .. Am i right?.. I will have either of one condition to be active for a report .. I want to have the data populated in LIST box in dashboard for the above conditions in which either of one condition will be active based on the report i create...I am new to learn this tool and my question may appear silly..  Could you please advise more on this...