Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console Security

Hy, we are new in the QlikView's world and have installed our first qlikview server. Accidentaly, we have removed the administrator user from the User Cals's list, because it was using one of the 5 cals. So, after that, we start having problems on managing the Management Console, because appears a message that we don't have the rights to access any of folder. So, we uninstalled the QlikView Server and reinstalled, but we kept the same problem. Could anyone know what we have to do? Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Robbie,

We're using 8.5 version!

The server OS is Windows 2003 Server.

Now, this reported problem, is Ok.

But I've got a new one… I can't release the users from CAL's Info. When I connect a user, I receive the message: "Access Denied! The server (IP number) doesn't have the attribute USER CAL for your account. Please, contact your system administrator."

However, when I try to release the users, it remains on the control panel from the Management Console!

Tks a lot for any help!

Sheila

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Which version of QlikView Server did you tried to install and what's the type of you server OS?
No event viewer error message?

Greetz
Robbie

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robbie,

We're using 8.5 version!

The server OS is Windows 2003 Server.

Now, this reported problem, is Ok.

But I've got a new one… I can't release the users from CAL's Info. When I connect a user, I receive the message: "Access Denied! The server (IP number) doesn't have the attribute USER CAL for your account. Please, contact your system administrator."

However, when I try to release the users, it remains on the control panel from the Management Console!

Tks a lot for any help!

Sheila

Not applicable
Author

Sheila,

This is a chapter from the QVS Reference Manual, page 78, about the User CAL's;

To delete an allocated Named User CAL, highlight the entry, and click on the Delete button. If the CAL is not currently in use, it will be deleted immediately. If the CAL is currently being used, it will be marked for deletion, and not allow new sessions for user access through this CAL, but will still occupy an allocated spot for a 24 hour period. During this period, you may Undelete by highlighting the entry and clicking the Undelete button. After the 24 hour period, the entry will be deleted, and no longer available.

Maybe this will answer your question?

Greetz

Robbie

PS: you can find the Ref manual @ \Program Files\QlikView\Documentation

Not applicable
Author

There is same user written In management console NamedCAL list twice: 1 DOMAIN\User 2 DOMAIN\USER (in upper letters).

When deleting User the deletion note stands behind user record with upper leters in name(DOMAIN\USER).

How to delete record of user with little letters of name ?

Thanks