Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to reduce data with expression?

Hi,

I actually reduce my Data with a trigger.

By field "Datum" and search expr.: "='>=' & weekstart(today(0)) & '<=' & weekend(today(0)+100)"

Unfortunatly this trigger don't seem to work with the Ajax version (QV Access Point)

Is it possible to set this expression for the doc on the server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Peter

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think your Select - Select in field action with above search string should also work in Ajax client.

Have you double checked that the expression produces a search string that seems to be ok (i.e. both date limits and valid date format compared to Datum field)?

You can also create a button to test your action in the Ajax client.

I assume (if you checked the expression), that it's not a matter of your search expression, but of the trigger you are using. What trigger does call the action? Not all triggers work in Ajax, AFAIR.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The expression probably isn't the problem, the type of trigger could be. Some triggers don't work in the ajax client. The OnActivateSheet trigger for example can be problematic. See this discussion.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Master G is right

My Expression works perfectly in the desktop version. Than I put it on the server and trigger(onsheetactivate) does not work. 😞 ...

Later I searched the forums for the triggers, and found some disappointing discussions. Reload and On Open trigger seem to work properly.

I could live with that, when I can manage to set a clear state, which is same like the onload. Else the user gets all weeks shown which are in system. I tried a bookmark, but I couldn't get it to work, that the bookmark is updated for the actual date. Best way would be to shrink data, but it's no sensitive data, so it is no problem if the user has the possibility to explore the data.

@Gysbert: I don't use any buttons, in fact there is only one sheet at the moment, because of the problem described here.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Peter,

OnActivate and OnDeactivate Sheet Object Event triggers have been removed from QlikView 11.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

in which Version is it removed?

I have QV 11.00.11282.0 SR1.

qv11_triggers.JPG.jpg

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, I see that is still there, but does it work?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

If you use the QV App directly in the Desktop Version it works.

In Server via AJAX/QV Accesspoint it works not.