Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Open PDF doc in Qlikview

All,

I have a list of 120 projects in Qlikview. When 1 project is selected I need to open a PDF document with project details. All the PDF's are stored in one folder with the Filename: [Project ID].pdf. The Project ID corresponds with the ID in Qlikview.

How can I dynamically open the PDF doc when 1 project is selected through a button? Inline loads are not a option since the projects change so specifiying all docs in the script is to much work. I tried to add the Lauch command to a button but can't seem to get it to work.

Hope you guys can help!

Regards,

Paul

5 Replies
Not applicable

This is possible..

Using action -->Launch, we can do it..

Here I am sharing "Find my files". This is almost same logic

Regards,,

Karthik

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Dear Karthik,

Thanks for you help but this is a bit complicated for me. I see the first page off the script were it generates file names. Lets say I just have 1 fixed file location how can I then load all the files in that path in Qlikview?

I attached my file. Hope you can help.

Regards,

Paul

Not applicable

Attachment missing..

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I can't undertand your file..

So I have created separate example.. Here I have done for "txt" files. You can change it "Pdf" files..

Attached one folder also. You have to paste that in "D:\" drive after unzipped..

Karthk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very useful!

We are developing a dashboard and intend to see folders and subfolders files in the same grid, but did not have a good logic till now.

Congrats

Rubens