Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart (stacked area's as Style) - empty (no-data) area is filled up

Hi,

While using the quite illustrative option in Style for a line chart to show the lines as filled up area's on top of each other (in line chart, properties, Style - the lower two options), I run in to the problem that QlikView seems to 'fill up' area between two points while there is actually no data at all (nothing to present).

To be more precise, I show a time dimension (timebands in this case) on the x-axis, and count over a dimension existing of four distinct fields. Once there is a period for which the 'top sorted dimension', Z in the described example, does not exist, QlikView fills up an area (Yellow in this case) while there is nothing to show. However, Prod C in the example has also no-existing periods but is shown correctly, and the same if you alter the sort order.

Seems to be a bug. Can anyone help me?

Regards,

3 Replies
vikasmahajan

Can you please Explain in details what you want exact ? If there is data problem you need to sort it first.

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

There is no data problem - for the timebands described there are just no counts (transactions in this case) for certain period. The data is delivered per transaction with a number of fields (e.g. timebands). If there is no transaction on, in this case, Z for a certain timeband there will simply be no line (data). However you plot dimension fields over the timebands, therefore there will be a missing symbol.

The problem is then the yellow area on the right of the image below (also shown in the example), an area is filled up while actually there shouldn't be any counts shown at all for this period (as there are none).

QV_error_example.jpg

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Reported as a bug and accepted in this thread

Help with line chart,please