Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

LOG FILE "Authenticated User is NULL"

Hi,

I am facing a problem in log file, In which record has been created whose 'Authenticated User/Identifying User' is "BLANK/NULL" and 'Document Timestamp' is 1899-12-30 00:00:00.

How can I resolve my issue and why it comes??

So that, In future no such record will be created in log file.

Best Regards

Garry

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Garry,

This happens when a user session time out, and they come back to it and reconnect.  It appears that the session is log correctly by QVS  on the first connection, but when it starts the reconnection it loses the auth information and the document timestamp also.  I think this has been corrected in the current release of QVS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

Request you to explain below points. So that I can able to understand every part of it.

1) In all our qvw docs: Document Settings---->Server, we've left the Maximum Inactive Time(secs) blank

which means that users would never be timed out if they leave their session opened.

But the Maximum Inactive Time(secs) in the QMC:System--->QVS---->Performance is set to 1800 secs.

Does that mean that all the docs still take into account this time ?

2) If yes, do we need to leave the above (QMC value) blank too ?

3) Doesn't the QMC value override the doc values ?

Best Regards

Garry

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I am betting you are using IIS.. There are setting in IIS that will time you out also. Your IIS administrator should be able to adjust these for you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.