Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Background color of Pivot Table Labels

I have a formula embedded in my Expression "Background" color option of a pivot table.   Hence the data cell bg colors change corresponding to the value.  Hence the column label bg color changes to the first color displayed in the column.

Can I change/override the bg column label color?  I have tried the "View", "Design", "cell format"... but that is not working.  Please advise.

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There appears to be an error when processing the following:

In a pivot table with design preferences showing, right click on the headers row and 'Custom Format Cell'.  In background color, apply a calculated color selection which is working throughout the rest of the pivot table just fine (eg =if(vVariableName='x',rgb(255,255,255),rgb(0,20,0)).  Click apply (let us say for the sake of example that vVariableName=x).  The color changes appropriately to the correct color rgb(255,255,255) the first time.

Now change the value of the variable vVariableName to some valid value other than 'x'.  Not only does the color not change, but when one goes to inspect the property by navigating with the right click>custom format cell>... it is noticed that the color type selection (fixed or calculated) has automatically reverted to a 'fixed' color of whichever rgb value was first applied (in this case rgb(255,255,255)) rather than the originally applied 'calculated' conditional color. 

Is there a known workaround for this apparent issue?  Is this a confirmed bug which will be addressed in a future release?  I am using QV 11.00.11282.0 SR1 64-bit Edition (x64).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How you applied Color to Header Sample1.qvw .

For the Header Total cells.

could you please let us kbnow the steps.

In Advance Thank's

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How you applied Color to Header in Sample1.qvw .

For the Header Total cells.

could you please let us kbnow the steps.

In Advance Thank's

Not applicable
Author

This appears to be fixed in version 11. I'm using a version 10 client and seeing this same behaviour but after publishing to the server the titles of the expression columns are not being affected by the calculated background color for the expression values.

Regards,

Calvin

Not applicable
Author

Kaushik,

This was very useful to me.  Thanks for being willing to share your knowledge on the community!

Cheers!

Sharon

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

I'm using version 11.20 SR3 and I still have the same issue.

Did you find a workaround ?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards

Andrea

Not applicable
Author

The only workaround found, is to select "subtotals on top" in the Presentation tab and add the rowno() > 0 in the color calculation formula. ie =if(rowno() > 0 AND something > something_else, RGB(200, 255, 200))

This way the first row after the header is the totals and has the default color.