Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove embedded CAL

On one of our Documents we have a Document CAL Embedded value of 1.  Is there a way the embedded CAL can be removed for this document?  I do not see any options within the QEMC.  We are using QV10 SR4.

Thanks

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you tried this?

QMEC-> User Document->Click on yourapp-> Document CALs->

if below this

Name Last Used (UTC) Quarantined Until (UTC) *

use is listed then click X sign at the end then refresh

then restart ther qlikview server from Services

start->run-> services.msc-> qlikview server-> restart

Note: It will go into quarantined mode, i.e. if the user does not access withing next 24 hours, it will be actually deleted.

Not applicable
Author

This does not work.  This is what the QEMC displays at the moment:

Summary
Document CALs are not applicable. Reason:
Document CALs available on server: 100
Document CALs not allocated on server: 18
Document CALs allocated to this document: 0
Document CALs embedded in document: 1
Document CALs assigned to users: 0
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nilesh,

If it's embedded, then you will have to remove it from the document using QlikView Desktop, using the Tools menu, Remove embedded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I am using Qlikview v10 SR4 and I do not see this option when using Qlikview Desktop.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yea, if your license doesn't allow you to embed a license it will not allow you to remove one.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

How can I tell if my license allows embedded licenses or not?  If my setup does not allow embedded licenses, how does a license get embedded to a document?  Does anyone know how to release the embedded license?  This is preventing me assigned document CALs to this document.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Change the data model in the script, e.g. by removing one table completely (commenting the Load). Then run the script. Now the embedded CAL should be gone.

Then you can restore the script and run it again.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

I have just tried this and this does not work.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Nilesh,

In the QlikView Server or Desktop local license, you should have a line that reads

SPECIAL_EDITION;EMBED_LICENSE;;

If you don't see it in either the Server or the Desktop, then you are not allowed to remove that license.

Hope that helps.

Miguel