Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Dimension selection for a pivot table

Hi

How can i select one or more dimensions from the list of dimensions , so that those dimensions are updated in the pivot table or a chart.

I tried to use the $Field as a list box and then added it as a dimension of the Pivot table.

But all the measures, dimensions are populated from the list box.

I wanted to restrict the list.

Thanks

Thejo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example QVW of how I do it. It's not much but you'll get the idea.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Let me make sure I understand what you want to do. I think I do and I'm doing this now.

You want to be able to have a pivot table that will dynamically display dimensions/metrics in it based on what dimensions/metrics the user selects right?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's correct?

Not applicable
Author

Ok, this is doable as I'm doing this now. There are quite a few steps in doing this. I'll put together an example QVW to upload/attach so you can see how it's done as just typed out steps/instructions may not be enough.

Not applicable
Author

Sure, thanks  a lot.Appreciate your help.

Or
MVP
MVP

Download a copy of the "What's new in QlikView 11" QVW - there's an example in the Reports sheet. All you have to do is adjust the syntax to match your QVW.

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

I used a concat expression and a list o variable to do that.

Please see if it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example QVW of how I do it. It's not much but you'll get the idea.

I hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for your example. It has helped me tremendously.

I am using your method of selection with filters on dimension types I use to subgroup my list boxes with an if statement in a field expression with in the container object.

The problem that I am experiencing is when I make a selection in one group and then select another group and make a selection there Qlikview forgets the first selection in the first group and that column disappears from my pivot table.

Is their any way I can have Qlikview "remember" selection between my subgroups?

Selections.jpg