Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Numbers on Data Point in Scatter Chart?

I have a scatter chart where the bubble size is based on an expression (i.e., 'Z axis') The Z value shows when I hover over a single bubble. But is there a way to show all the Z expressions? The 'Numbers on Data Point' checkbox is greyed out. I couldn't get 'Show Value' to work either, although I don't see the proper parameters listed anywhere.

Thanks.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. Does anyone knows how to show numbers on data point in scatter chart?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It looks like you can make it work by adding the Z value as the first dimension, and then showing labels. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John. That's exactly what I had in mind, but for some reason it doesn't work on my own QVW. I can't figure out what's the difference. Perhaps something funky in the dimension / definition? Code attached.

stiles16
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks also to John for the solution! I had been following this too. I had the same issue with the calculated dimension not working and it is due to the fact that you can perform aggregations in a calculation without using the aggr function. See the attached.

Not applicable
Author

Ah, I had wondered about that. Thanks very much to the both of you.

Not applicable
Author

thank you John. Your solution works for me also 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Great help, thank you!