Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load only matching records (with match from other table)

Hello,

I have a big dataset which stores price history.

[Costs]:

LOAD

crec1_ref as [KeyPart],

Date(Date#(Mid(9000000-num(crec1_date),2),'YYMMDD'), 'DD-MM-YYYY') as [CostDate],

if(creccost3 = 0,creccost1, creccost2) as [Costs];

SQL SELECT *

FROM CREC_DATA

WHERE crec1_rec_type = 1

AND crec1_date < 7918769

AND crectotal_cost <> 0;

STORE [CostTemp] INTO "DATA_NEW/PartCosts.QVD";

DROP TABLE [CostTemp];

From this dataset i want to load the records which match with a table filled with stock data. Later I will join them and calculate the stock, but i already took care of that.

[Stock]:

LOAD

[KeyPart],

MonthEnd([StockDate])      as [CostDate],    

[EndOfMonthStock]           

Resident [StockDetails];

Because i only need the price information of the KeyParts in the [Stock] table. Since the price database is huge, I dont want to load everything each time. It takes 40 minutes to load this, while I only need a small amount of data. What can I do to make this selection?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I tried first loading the KeyParts, then using a left join. But it still loads all 2.000.000+ records

marcus_sommer

Besides joining you could also use a mapping-table and matching the data with applymap. But this will not really improve the loading time. Here you need a incremental load what meant that only new data or changed data will loading/matching from the database. The previous data will load from a qvd. For examples see in the manual or in help.

- Marcus

suniljain
Master
Master

Please use increamental load to reduce total load time.

As for example :

QV_Table:

SQL SELECT PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM DB_TABLE

WHERE ModificationTime >= #$(LastExecTime)#;

Concatenate LOAD PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM File.QVD

WHERE NOT Exists(PrimaryKey);

STORE QV_Table INTO File.QVD;

Not applicable
Author

This database is live and gets updated every few hours. Can I use the WHERE EXISTS as a sql statement?