Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove outlier to set Static Max on Chart

My chart has dimensions of DATE and expression SUM(EVENT_COUNT).  In some cases there is a date that contains values much larger than all other dates -- this throws off my chart so bars are barely visible for all other dates.  What expression could I use in my Static Max on the expression Axes to keep this outlier from skewing the axis maxium?

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can use the "Log Scale" option, this will automatically scale the axis.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

I'm really not interested in this being a logorithmic scale, I just want to remove the high outlier from skewing the chart, but still use a standard scale.  In fact, applying a logorithmic scale here removes all bars from being visible.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Ok then that case you can try this.

Max(Aggr(Sum(Value),Dimention)+100

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I am a little confused as to what this expression would look like in my scenario.  If my axis is of the expression SUM(EVENT_COUNT), what do I substitute for Value and for Dimension in your expression?

Thanks,

Lew

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

See we need the static max value, cause min value will always be 0.

So as i suggested you can use the max(aggr(sum(Event_Count),Dimension))

Here dimension is the dimension field of your chart.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kausik,

Still a little fuzzy here, as my Dimension is SUM(Event_Count) ?

Thanks,

Lew

Not applicable
Author

Hi LG04221965

The Dimension shoud be the field that gives the details of your Event_Count. Ideally it could be Event Name,Event Type,Event Id. To be more specific the field you are goint to keep in "X" axis.Always Dimension will provide the info for your Measures (Sum(Event_count) or Min() or Max () )

-Jay