Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Dashboard on TFS

Hi all,

We're planning to build a Qlikview dashboard on Team Foundation Server to monitor developmentprogress, workitems, tasks...

Anyone who has experience with this, and feels like sharing? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Wouter

5 Replies
kmn
Employee
Employee

Hi there,

Well first you need to get the data from TFS. Have you created a custom connector for that? If not, then I would suggest you start from here:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2639

/K

Not applicable
Author

I can run MDX queries on the cube, but I would like to construct the cube myself by accessing the databasetables directly.

Not applicable
Author

Try using one of the views that the TFS database has. I've read in one site that you can use WorkItemLatestAndWere (TFS2010) and I found it useful for most of my uses. I am not so sure about creating and/or accessing a cube - it sounds like more work to me if you can access the database tables anyway and you can use Qlikview to design and construct some sort of data store architecture by creating and storing qvds. Just my two cents.

Not applicable
Author

A good article from Microsoft regarding the 3 layers of data TFS has is here.  I would bet that accessing the "Relational Warehouse" layer would be the best bet for tapping in to TFS data.  It avoids the complexity of the OLTP layer and the difficulty in passing MDX language to the pre-built cubes.

Creating and Customizing TFS Reports

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a dashboard based on TFS as well to monitor development. May I ask how did it go yours? Any sharing or guidance?

Best regards,

Ferran