Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reset licenses after migrating Qlik10->11

Hi,

I have just migrate a QV10 server (desinstalling) to a QV11 Server (installation).

In the QMC > System > Licenses > General > QlikView server licence, the license indicates 10 named cals and 30 documents cals, which is correct for the client.

In the QMC > System > Licenses > General > Client Access Licences (CALS), I can see the correct number of document cals allocated (29 out of 30) but the number of named cals is not correct (0 out of 0, instead of 9 out of 10).

When I check by documents, document cals are correctly allocated.

When I chek Assigned cals by users, no license are allocated and I cannot allocate them. Which is normal as far as the number of named cals allowed is incorrect.

How can I recover the 10 named cals ? (update licence from server did'nt change anything, lef still présents 10 named but 0 in allowed)

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Franck,

In the QMC, do you have set any limitation for the User Named CALs? Check the QMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, Client Access Licenses (CALs), Limitations. Uncheck or set the limit to 10, then Apply.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

1 .Please ensure  while applying license -> License holds information about Cals which you purchase I think you might have 30 nos pls check the leaf.

2 . Another thing: there is a slight difference between CAL allocated and CAL used. For example one QVW can have 10 allocated CALs but only 8 assigned to users.

Hope this resolve your issue.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your answer, we have bought this :

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;30;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;10;;

And in the QMC > System > Licenses > General > Client Access Licences (CALS),

Named User CALs: 0 assigned (0 in license)

Which is definitely not normal. This morning, before migrating from version 10 to 11, I had

Named User CALs: 9 assigned (10 in license)

Are there files I could delete to make Qvw reevaluate this number of named cals ?

I have already tried to "Clear license", without other effect than to have to reaffect document cals...

Another idea ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Franck,

In the QMC, do you have set any limitation for the User Named CALs? Check the QMC, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, Client Access Licenses (CALs), Limitations. Uncheck or set the limit to 10, then Apply.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

oxiofrt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Great ! It works fine.

Thanks a lot