Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to calculate an expression on based of a Dimension which is not present in the table

Hello QA Community,

I am new in Qlikview and need a help for a problem.

In my report I have "year", "month" and "Deal Created by" as the dimension objects and I need two measure objects that are "count of deal created by" and "count of deal closed by". Since I can not pull the Deal Closed by Dimnesion in the table so I am not getting the proper result of the count of closed by deal data. Could you pls help me to resolve the issue?

Currently I am using count of deal closed by="aggr(count(Deal_TakedownID),Deal_Closeby" as a formula.

Note: For example Some deals are created by A but closed by either A or B or C

Pls let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Advanced aggregation aggr() is probably the way to go, but you might need to rethink which dimensions to use in the advanced aggregation (maybe you need to add Deal_CreatedBy, too, and / or your calendar dimensions).

Also you probably need to add an aggregation function around the aggr(), maybe like

=sum( aggr( count(Deal_TakedownID), Deal_CloseBy))

I haven't fully understood your requirement and setting, it would be helpful if you can post a small sample app together with your expected outcome (e.g. in an excel table).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer. For example I have the below data :

Account Schedule NumberYearMonthCreated ByClosed By
100012013JuneMelissaDana
100022013JuneMelissaTammy
100032013JuneMelissaTammy
100042013JuneDanaTracy
100052013JuneMelissaRegina
100062013JuneMelissa Melissa

And I want to show data in the following way:

YearMonthCreated By Total Created #Total Closed#