Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Same Sum, disregards dimensions in a chart, except one

Hi all,

I'm trying to get KPIs of my customer service, which i control every customers request as a CASE. I'm basically extracting data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM, which i have all my CASES, and analyzing them in QV. I need to know the average time my employees are executing services, then compare this average per service and per case.

I already know the average of time of every service (picture 1), but when i'm trying to drilldown and compare this average per case and per employee, the average changes in the chart, like picture 2.

I basically want to check if cases were solved according the average like picture 3. So, for all cases, the average must be the same as the value of picture 1.

To calculate the average i'm using expression:

sum(ceil((Aggr(sum([Case Spent Time]),[Service]))/

(aggr(COUNT(DISTINCT{$<{[Case Status] = {'solved'}>}[Case Number]),[Service]))))

I've already tried without the first sum, but instead 0 i got null. Also tried with aggr fuction, but didn't work as well.

Captura de Tela 2013-08-31 às 21.43.09.png

picture 1

Captura de Tela 2013-08-31 às 21.54.20.png

picture 2

Captura de Tela 2013-08-31 às 21.51.32.png

picture 3

Will be very glad if someone could help me, it's driving me crazy.

Best regards

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Rodrigo,

Instead of the aggr() function use the total function to calculate the average time for the service and then the discrepancy.  For example,

sum(total <Service> [Case Spent Time])/count(distinct total <Service> {$<{[Case Status] = {'solved'}>} [Case Number])

Regards, Karl

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

When you said <Service> what does it means? Use only SERVICE dimension, or dimentios between < > symbols?

By the way, i have used dimension plus < >, as <Service>, and i dind't work.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Use the service field within < >.  When you said it doesn't work, do you mean that no value is returned or the value is incorrect?  Please include the formula you are using.

Regards, Karl

Not applicable
Author

Karl,

Not working mean there are no values.

sum(TOTAL <SERVICO_OCORRENCIA> TEMPO_GASTO_OCORRENCIA)/Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <SERVICO_OCORRENCIA> {$<STATUS_OCORRENCIA={'Resolvido'}>} NUMER_OCORRENCIA)

I'm developing in portuguese, so here are translations:

SERVICO_OCORRENCIA - Service

TEMPO_GASTO_OCORRENCIA - [Case Spent Time]

STATUS_OCORRENCIA - [Case Status]

Resolvido - solved

NUMER_OCORRENCIA - [Case Number]

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rodrigo,

The formula looks good.  If you're still having a problem, try to divide and test each part of the formula.  First try

sum(TOTAL <SERVICO_OCORRENCIA> TEMPO_GASTO_OCORRENCIA)

and then,

Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <SERVICO_OCORRENCIA> {$<STATUS_OCORRENCIA={'Resolvido'}>} NUMER_OCORRENCIA)

Uploading a sample file might help, too.

Karl