Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Setting Begin and End Dates in Script

This should be simple but it is the fist time I have had to do this

If I want to have a beginning and ending reporting month variable set at the beginning of my script what is the proper function/syntax

What I want is :

Begin Month Date = 01/01/2012

End Month Date = 06/30/2012

Not sure of the exact syntax or if LET or SET is the proper way to establish.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

12 Replies
kedar_dandekar
Creator
Creator

Hi Zagzebski,

1. Pardon me, but I did not get the Transform load part, can you please elaborate on this (some example would help).

2. As regards to the SET and LET, the main difference is that:

SET assigns the value on the right of the "=" sign as is, without evaluation (string format), and

LET evaluates the expression on the right of the "=" sign before assigning it to the variable.

Simple example would be:

SET vDateExp1 = 3 + 4; //This stores the string '3 + 4' in the variable, whereas

LET vDateExp2 = 3 + 4; //Evaluates the right hand side to 7 and stores this value in the variable

- KD

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

I create a QVD off the file with these date variables. I was just wondering the best way to "move" that variable to the QVD file so I can upload it to a new QVW file.

kedar_dandekar
Creator
Creator

Hi Zagzebski,

Since you are creating a QVD file using these date variables (in the WHERE clause), the data in the QVD would already get filtered by the dates and stored into QVD file, right?

I am sorry, I did not quite get that part - 'Best way to Move the variable to the QVD file'.

Refer attached QVW, in this, I have used the Date variable created using LET assignment, to filter table data (just another way), not sure if this is what you were looking for ..

HTH,

KD