cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II

Macro to select default values

I am using this macro to clear my selection values upon open and select current year as default selection value. This works for most object witht exception of any object that has a set analysis coding. It is necessary to clear all then make year selection in order for Set analysis to work properly. Can some one tell me how I can make the default selection value work for objects with set analysis?

Sub SetDefaulFYYear
ActiveDocument.ClearAll(true)
ActiveDocument.Fields("CalType").Select"Fiscal"
ActiveDocument.Fields("FYYear").Select "2009"
ActiveDocument.Fields("CalYear").Select "2009"
End Sub

Tried two set analysis statements

Current Year :Sum({<FY

Year={$(=GetFieldSelections(FYYear))}>} BOOKVALUE)

Last Year: Sum

({$<FYYear={$(=GetFieldSelections(FYYear)-1)}>} BOOKVALUE)

Current Year: sum

({<FYYear={$(=Only(FYYear))}>}PLANVALUE)

Last Year: sum({<FYYear={$(=Only(FYYear)-1)}>}PLANVALUE)

Both set analysis code gives the same results. values are displayed only after sheet has been cleared and year value selected.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Karen,

I can only guess that you might have other selection fields related to dates, and those fields, when selected, distort your expected result from the Set Analysis Expression.

For example - if you allow user selection in fields Year, Month and Day, and someone selected a specific month, your Set Analysis expressions that only take care of the Year, will show results only for the selected Month.

If that's the case, you can ignore user selections in Date-related fields by specifying them in your set analysis:

({<FYYear={$(=Only(FYYear))}, Month= , Day= >}PLANVALUE)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Karen,

I can only guess that you might have other selection fields related to dates, and those fields, when selected, distort your expected result from the Set Analysis Expression.

For example - if you allow user selection in fields Year, Month and Day, and someone selected a specific month, your Set Analysis expressions that only take care of the Year, will show results only for the selected Month.

If that's the case, you can ignore user selections in Date-related fields by specifying them in your set analysis:

({<FYYear={$(=Only(FYYear))}, Month= , Day= >}PLANVALUE)

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Oleg,

Thanks for the quick response on this question. Your recommendation worked great!

Thanks again.