Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help for data lookup

Dear all,

I have a problem and can´t find a solution for it.

I want to select a reference and then see all clients under this reference but in the same time I want to see if one of this clients is duplicated. Duplicated in the sence of that the client is also part of another reference.

My questions: 1) How can I make it visible that this client is "duplicated"?
2) Is it possible that he also shows me in which references the client it also part of it?

Thanks for your help !!!

Regards

Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to do this using implicite field value definitions in a set expression (i.e. using the p() function, while clearing the field you selected in). Something along these lines:

=count({<Client = p(), Reference=  >} DISTINCT Reference)

e.g. in a chart with dimensions Client and Reference and selection done on Reference.

There are some examples in the forum on how to do this, search the forum or post a small sample app.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to do this using implicite field value definitions in a set expression (i.e. using the p() function, while clearing the field you selected in). Something along these lines:

=count({<Client = p(), Reference=  >} DISTINCT Reference)

e.g. in a chart with dimensions Client and Reference and selection done on Reference.

There are some examples in the forum on how to do this, search the forum or post a small sample app.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like this?

PFA

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. It shows the sales persons per region, a count of regions that the sales person is active in and the list of those regions. That sounds like what you're trying to do.

Or maybe this works for you too: QlikView App: The Power Of Yellow (Show Alternatives)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for you quick help... it was so easy ^^
I have tried so complicated things ...

THANKS TO BOTH