Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating graph with 2 axis from multiple data sets

Hi,

In this scenario, I have 3 tables:

SQL SELECT DATE,

UNIQUEID,

RESULT

FROM TABLE1;

SQL SELECT DATE,

UNIQUEID

FROM TABLE2;

SQL SELECT,

UNIQUEID,

VALUE

FROM TABLE3;

These three tables contain values that are shared, the UNIQUEID is shared between all three tables and the DATE is shared between TABLE1 and TABLE2.

I want to plot a graph, that shows the RESULT from TABLE1 and the VALUE from TABLE3, but ONLY for those UNIQUEIDs that are in TABLE2. I assumed I needed to do some sort of JOIN first... But I'm not too certain. The graph should have 2 axis since the numerical value obtained from RESULT and VALUE would need their own respective scales.

Thank you in advance!

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You don't need to manually do any type of linking.  If the fields are named the same in each table, QlikView will automatically link them.  If you want to make sure, look at the table viewer (CTRL+T) and you should see that all of your tables are linked by those fields.

Also, if the same fields are used in the tables, QlikView will automatically combine the two tables together so that they become just one table, so for your first two tables, this will most likely be the case.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I see that they are linked. However, when I try to have 2 axis (by going into Axes > Position and change one to Right(Top)), the graph doesn't render the first expression properly anymore. When the graph from the first expression will have multiple y values per x value, whilst the 2nd expression will be 1 to 1. The table would end up looking something like this:

TABLE1:

Date          UniqueID          Result

8/5/13        100                   44

9/5/13        123                   55

TABLE2:

Date          UniqueID

9/5/13        123

TABLE3:

UniqueID              Value

123                      7

123                      8

123                      7.5

Not applicable
Author

Here's an attached file with the scenario I outlined. Any help would be appreciated!

Not applicable
Author

I don't quite understand your question but attached is your graph plotted using 2 axis.

I hope this helps.... a little!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Let me try to clarify. I've attached a file to show what I would be looking for at the end.

Not applicable
Author

I am assuming your Y axis is Value & Results.  What is your X axis?

Not applicable
Author

This is using Date as your X axis....