Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accumulated Figures??

HI there,

I want to include the budgeted figures next to our Actual figures for Comparison.

But the table (information) that I pull from out System accumulates the figures.

i.e. For the month of July it only gives me the month of July's figures. But the budgeted figure for August is July plus August.

September's budget is then September plus August (July and August) and so on.

Can someone please help me with a formula, either in the back or front-end. So if I want August it should Take August and subtract July??

Thanks

*R*

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Take a look at the attachement.

Regards,

Brice

View solution in original post

5 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

rangesum(before(sum(Budget),1,ColumnNo()))

This should give you the accumulated total budget sum for each month up to that date. Not sure though if it's the cleverest way to solve that.

Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Take a look at the attachement.

Regards,

Brice

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brice,

Thank you...the formula that you attached works perfectly.

Only thing now is my new field called Budget now shows July (which is my first month) now shows a big amount and then the rest shows per month??

Thanks

*R*

Brice-SACCUCCI
Employee
Employee

You need to know the value for June if you want to get the value for July. Indeed, the idea is to substract the accumulated value for month N-1 to the accumulated value of month N to get the value for month N.

Then, if you want to compute the value for June, you'll need the value for May, etc.

If you don't have this information, I don't see how you can get the value for July .

Brice

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

I see what your saying.

Will see if I can get the June figure somewhere.

Thanks

*R*