Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a list box of a table group

Hi to you all!

I'm new on this community/forum and relative new to Qlikview to.

I've followed some courses and also an education of a few days learning to work with the design of Qlikview.

When i'm making a pivot table with groups (ex. Agents, Country, Color, Customer)  in it, on the left side of this pivot table you see some sort of arrow where you can change your groups. Now here in our company soms people are complaining about that little arrow and would like to have for example a list box where the group name's (ex. Agents, Country, Color, Customer) are in and if you click that group name, the pivot table changes to that group like you change with that arrow.

Could anyone tell me if this is possible? i've already tried to add a list box with a self made group but the list box just shows what is inside the group, in my example i would just like to see the group name in the list box.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

I have attached an example of one way to do this.  I'll walk you through it a bit on this post.

1.  I added some inline script to make your "group" that we will use in the list box.  We don't actually create a group in QlikView, it is just a field that contains the options that you want the user to have in the "group":

Group:

LOAD * INLINE [

Group

Agents

Country

Color

Customer

];

2.  This field is then just added to the list box (make sure to select one, then go back into properties and select always one selected value):

3.  Then create a dimension on the chart that will determine what field to use depending on what is selected in group.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I have attached an example of one way to do this.  I'll walk you through it a bit on this post.

1.  I added some inline script to make your "group" that we will use in the list box.  We don't actually create a group in QlikView, it is just a field that contains the options that you want the user to have in the "group":

Group:

LOAD * INLINE [

Group

Agents

Country

Color

Customer

];

2.  This field is then just added to the list box (make sure to select one, then go back into properties and select always one selected value):

3.  Then create a dimension on the chart that will determine what field to use depending on what is selected in group.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

There is an alternative, shorter calculated dimension:

=$(=Group)

Besides being shorter, it is "more universal" - no need to modify when the vlaues in Group change.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Yes! that did it! thank you very much for the help with that!

It's definitely something i have to and will remember

Not applicable
Author

To go a little deeper on this subject i have a question about renaming the items that are in that group.

For now i have made a group like that:

Group:

LOAD * INLINE [

Group

Klanten.naam

%key_KlantCode

Artikel.Naam

Artikel.Code

Artikel.kleur

Artikel.Geur

Artikel.Units per pak

Artikel.Merk

Artikel.hoofd

Artikel.Soort

Artikel.Kleurmethode

Artikel.Manier

Vertegenwoordiger.Vertegenwoordiger naam

Agent.Agentnaam

Land.Continent

Klanten.Land

%key_Provincie

Klanten.Markt segment

Artikel.Diameter

Artikel.Hoogte

Artikel.gewicht

Artikel.Kleur Pot/Glas/Schaal

];

How can i change these names so that

"Artikel.Naam" = "Naam"

"Artikel.Code" = "Code" ?

Also after changing these names do i have to use these names/labels into the script of the dimensions to? (I use the long version).

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter,

Why don't you simply use the exact name of the fields in LOAD * INLINE?  You have to type it manually anyway...

And - yes, if you use the "long version", you have to use the exact field names.

If you use the "short version", you'll have to add [] around it because some field names have spaces.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Excuse me for the late answer.

I'm sorry but i dont know what you mean about "exact name"? Aren't these names in this LOAD * INLINE for example "Artikel.Soort", "Artikel.hoofd" the names that comes from the SQL table? For me it is not so easy because i was trown into an enviroment that already has been set up by other people.

Regards, Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

"Exact name" - I meant the names of the fields as it is in your data model after reload is done.  So, if the name of the field in the data model is "Markt segment" - use it in your load inline, don't use "Klanten.Markt segment".

Regards,
Michael