Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making a Graph with a Map

Hi Everydoby! I´m on a work about the agriculture of the different states of Mexico. I have a map of Mexico with it´s different states, and I want to make a graph that, when I choose a state, it appers a circle in the area in the map. The circle represents the value of the production for the state, value that I already have.

I know that somebody did this with a Scatter Graph, but I don´t know how to do this entirely. Any help?

Thank you very much,

Juan Francisco.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You have to generate a file (Excel will work fine), like this:

Location  |   Latitude  |   Longitude     |

State A    |      X        |        Y           | 

State B    |      Z        |        W           |

State C    |      H        |        K           |

//Then you get the latitude/longitude of the center of the state, to get the latitude/longitude use this site:     Biologika Meio Ambiente e Tecnologia - Conversão DMS / Graus Decimais / DMS (there are many others also, remember using it as decimal numbers)

To make the map appear, get the link that harshal posted, it will have there how to build it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Juan, I am sorry I don't have any example at home right now. I don't remember quite exactly wich graph you can use for it, but I use a similar, that works like this:

It's bubbles that represents the amount of money that a certain service center earn. In your case, you can try to get a latitude and longitude of the center of each state (any site you can get it), and make this bubble graph, with your expression the production, then you will have in each state a bubble that represents how big is your production. This might work well, and make it more visible and it's nice to see.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Julio! Two other issues: I have to make an special statement to load the map? How can I get de latitude and longitude for each state?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Juan,

For generating Map it  will help u

It will required Longitude,Latitude of Locations 

Required Scatter Chart with Variables to generate MAP .

For Map_Variable just go through below link ,

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4722

Thanks & Regards,

Harshal

Not applicable
Author

You have to generate a file (Excel will work fine), like this:

Location  |   Latitude  |   Longitude     |

State A    |      X        |        Y           | 

State B    |      Z        |        W           |

State C    |      H        |        K           |

//Then you get the latitude/longitude of the center of the state, to get the latitude/longitude use this site:     Biologika Meio Ambiente e Tecnologia - Conversão DMS / Graus Decimais / DMS (there are many others also, remember using it as decimal numbers)

To make the map appear, get the link that harshal posted, it will have there how to build it.