cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roelvandeven
Partner - Contributor III

Viewing differences between server and local client

I don't know for how long this has been happening, but I started to notice it when I was starting a sketch for an iPad dashboard.

When I started the sketch it was on my laptop (QV on Windows 7 64-bit). I added a gray image in a text-box as the maximum size and used two text-boxes with blue background color for the menu bars. I positioned them as seen in the enclosed ScreenShot_2. When I copied the file to our server the gray image was OK, but the blue menu bars looked as if they were moved.

Same happened when I opened a QV demo app on QlikView.com (as web-browser version). It looked OK when I opened it in the web-browser, but when I downloaded it to my laptop the graphs and list-boxes looked scaled. The background image however was as it was on the browser (see ScreenShot_1).

Can anybody help me to find out what settings are "wrong" on my system?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
roelvandeven
Author

Hello Borja,

There was no zoom applied in QlikView, but it made me wonder.

That is why I started to search the windows settings and found that the display settings were set to 125% (didn't know it was). It seems that this only has influence on certain parts of applications (and not on images in QV).

Thank you, you as well G, for the quick reply's.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you do your design in Webview mode? Also different browsers result in different looks. That's a pain, but can't honestly be blamed on Qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
roelvandeven
Author

Hello G,

No, I haven't designed in Webview. Specially not with the QV Demo App, I just opened it. Indeed you can't blame QlikView for that, and I'm not blaming anyone.

It's just that this makes it difficult for me to design apps for other users as the result may look totally different than I had in mind (and saw on my screen).

Any other suggestions?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No other suggestions really. As with any web app design you simply will have to test in all the target browsers and redesign and tweak until it looks acceptable.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
roelvandeven
Author

Thank you anyway.

Hope someone else has a suggestion.

Not applicable

Hi,

Have you changed the zoom in QV Desktop? It looks like using QV native mode you are getting the objects and font way bigger than in the original app and the background isn't (Screenshot_2).

Also, it looks like in one of the computers it is using a bigger font size for menus. It is possible that the default font size has been also modified?

roelvandeven
Author

Hello Borja,

There was no zoom applied in QlikView, but it made me wonder.

That is why I started to search the windows settings and found that the display settings were set to 125% (didn't know it was). It seems that this only has influence on certain parts of applications (and not on images in QV).

Thank you, you as well G, for the quick reply's.