Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two Joins in a row

I've can't figure out why my exported table looks different from my table in the qlikview solution.

I've made an example file (attached).

At this moment the path-names are still setup for my computer.

What I want to know is why the column expected Hours Calculation Method remains empty in the exported file (2010_10.qvd)

In my qlikview solution just one table remains: PerData

And within that table the expected Hours Calculation Method is linked whenever the %UOM is set to boxes.

Hope someone can help me out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, you're right. You should submit a bug report to your tool vendor.

I get this:

QViewer.JPG.jpg

I'm using EasyQlik QViewer trial which costs nothing but has a limit of around 50000 rows.

Bst,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I change the QVD filename to something that can be created on my PC, I get exactly the same data as in the object on the only sheet. 3 rows with a NULL value and three rows with a value 1. Just the order is different. All boxes-linked lines are placed at the end of the QVD. See attachment.

Is that wrong?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I'm I using the right program to look at qvd-files?

This is what I get when I look at the file:

2010_10qvd.PNG.png

As you can see the column Expected Hours Calculation Method is empty.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong, because that would mean I'm close to the solution.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

%UOM is one of the fields exists in both tables you join on. That means that it will be used to match the records of the two tables. So only the records with 'boxes' as value in %UOM get a value for Expected Hours Calculation Method.

Edit: I see the same thing using Qeye when looking directly at the qvd file. However if I load it (with qualify *) I do see values for Expected Hours Calculation Method for the 'boxes'  records. Could be a bug in Qeye. Qviewer does show the correct values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, you're right. You should submit a bug report to your tool vendor.

I get this:

QViewer.JPG.jpg

I'm using EasyQlik QViewer trial which costs nothing but has a limit of around 50000 rows.

Bst,

Peter