Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps in QlikView Developer no longer available?

Dear all,

since yesterday none of the google maps examples is working any longer in my QlikView Developer! (e.g. see The Google Maps Example with London flats!)

I registred for a new google maps key but there was no effect at all.

What happened? Did Google stop using the static google maps API for QlikView Developer??

I hope anybody will know the answer.

Thanks.

Fabian

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Stephen,

I followed your solution in this string and it worked perfectly for my internal app. When I publish that app to the internet as an AJAX app then I lose the mapping functionality again. I have a valid Google API key specific to the domain address. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

thanks,

rob

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What version are you on?

Note that the v8.5 demo application doesn't work when published to AJAX.

I have just checked and my v9 app still works in AJAX.

One thing that might be happening is, does the user who runs the web services on your web server have access to the internet? QlikView makes calls to get the picture from the server using the sevice user's connection (not the user who is logged into the document) so if that user can't get to Google Maps then you won't get an image.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

O.k. that makes sense. We are currently on version 8.5. We are switching to 9.1 when it's released on 09/01/09.

thanks for the help.

rob

Not applicable
Author

I pasted the url from the text box as suggested above and it works in a browser, but in QV I'm still getting a white box, any suggestions?

Also the QV file is incredibly slow

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen:

I followed all the steps, and indeed worked for me too.

Aditionaly, as you mentionned, the AJAX in 8.5 is not working.

But this puzzles me a lot, as, before the changes at Google, when it used to work, the Google Maps in AJAX in 8.5 version was working fine.

There is any reason why Google Maps in AJAX, using Qlkikview 8.5 does not work anymore?

Regards,

Edouard Darbellay

Not applicable
Author

Hi *,

how can I change these settings. Is the image the background of the chart?

Thanks for your help.

Aloah

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

The image setting as outlined above is set in the "Colors" tab of the bubble chart - Dynamic Image property.

Regards,

Stephen

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Edouard,

In my experience, the Google Maps demo in 8.5 never worked in either the AJAX or Plugin clients. This is because the way that QlikView worked before 9.0 - it didn't allow a dynamic image to be populated in these controls. This only ever worked in the full client in 8.5.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Are they charging now, or is it still free?????

Monika

Not applicable
Author

Monika:

It is still free.

Google will charge only if the number of geocoding or hits goes over a limit.

Edouard