Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to change Expression as Dim

Hi All,

I am having a requirement,in that I need to convert my Straight Table into Pivot. Issue is earlier  one of the expression which Iused as a expression now  needs to change as Dimension. The expression will be

if(count([Risk Code])>1,concat(distinct [Id],','))

Now I need to use this as a dimension,Due to  some Desgining requirement I need to keep as a second column in the table. So how to perform this calulattion as Calulated Dimension.

Note:

Both fields were available in diffrenet table. So I cant move this into script level.

-Jay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sky
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,
don´t know if i got your problem right, but this could be a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Jaya,

First of all it is a little bit confusing.I have tried to create a sample and i am attaching it .See it and provide it to me with updated data from your side just 3 or 3 inline rows and your expression .

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I didnt see any attachmnet with the reply.

Let me brief..

LOAD * INLINE [ID,DESC

];

LOAD * INLINE [ID,Tax Code

];

Consider the above table structure.Earlier I had a St.table there I used the above  simple expression. Now the requirement is I need to keep this expression as a second column in Pivot table. (Not in St.Table.) So somehow I need to have this expression as a dimesion in Pivot table.

-Jay

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeet,

Thanks for your quick reply. My requirment is I need to have your second expression as Dimension in Pivot Table

-Jay

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You are too quick.

but in my second expression there is only one value coming .It should me more than one or it will just represent the complete data so you please clarify the expression according to you

Not applicable
Author

Hi sujeetsingh

As it will be the Dimesion,I dont want the cummlative values,need seprate values.You can exclude the concat function. All I need is I need to use condition and show the IDs as a Dimension level. Not as Expression. Since it is Pivot table.

-Jay

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

See this

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeet,

Thank you  for your reply. I need to use the Count of the codes (count(Risk Code))somehow in Dimesion. Based on the count I need to show the Ids

-Jay

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Can you please explain ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Please post a sample data/app with expected result explained.