Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Layout different between Client and Browser?

Hi,

I wonder: Is there anything happening concerning the remaining bug in QlikView causing the layout of a Dashboard to always be slightly different from the layout in the Client?

=> Even if I connect my laptop (with the Client SW) to a large monitor and adapt all the objects etc., when the same Dashboard is viewed on the same monitor in the Browser, it looks different.

There are one or two more features that just don't work in Browser_view, but this one is actually the most annoying since when my boss's asks me if I could adapt the Dashboard to the screensize better, I have to say I can't... (except just adapting the browser-innate zoom which makes it better, but not perfect)

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Labels (1)
9 Replies
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

FUnny enough, I noticed this too as we have just purchased some licenses and deployed our first app. 

are you using a theme/background or does it also affect objects?

its slightly annoying, so I may raise it as bug if it is not already listed as one.

mike.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Just checking: are you using the same version on Internet Explorer plugin and Server?

Not applicable

Hi,

Check the IE plugin version , also try to open the report in Ajax mode and check .

Thanks,

D J

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

thanks for all the answers!

I don't think we have a specific plugin at all - I don't know for sure, but I guess not. So there is a plugin specifically for QlikView?

Where could I download that? I will immediately enter a ticket with IT to install that on all team_monitors.

@ Michael

with us, it is affecting both the background and objects - at first, I had some buttons overlaying a diagram; I had to abandon that approach because the buttons appeared in the wrong place in the Browser.

Can anyone tell me any specifics about that plugin, please?`

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It seems you´re using Ajax client.

It´s really slightly different from 'normal' view.

Configure your QlikView Developer to "Web View" so you can view at development time what will show at browser.

webview.png

Another aproach is install your Internet Explore Plugin at you Access Point

Capturar.PNG.png

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Clever Anjos,

we're not using Ajay - we're not that technologically advanced here. We're just using plain IE - 8...

Can you tell me where I could get that plugin and where exactly it has to be installed?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

First, enable plugin download at your QlikView Management Console as printed below

Capturar.PNG.png

Then a link will appear at your Access Point,just click and follow the instructions

Capturar.PNG.png

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

I Was led to believe if you install the desktop version it will so install the plugin on the machine.  Were are thinking our issue may relate to the server and desktop versions being out of sync.  I'll investigate this tomorrow and feedback

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Ok, post your feedbacks later

Regards